Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Amsterdam House - finished

I think this is one of my very favorite houses. I had fun making it and I love how it looks.


I made this house for a friend of mine who is a very kind therapist. I added the dove for that reason. The fence is based on some drawings I've seen by Maud and Miska Petersham who illustrated a book I remember from my childhood called "Tales Told in Holland". They often signify a brick wall by drawing a few random bricks scattered about. I really like the look so I copied it for the fence.

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful house! I love the dove on the top of the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynn. I hope you and your family are doing well this Christmas season. It is 75 degrees and sunny today, but we have had days and days of rain and temps in the 60s. Crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this house! It looks almost like a Scottish tower house, so I wondered if you have tried making one with a crow step gable? I think it would go very well with your other houses.i love that you design and cut them out all yourself. And good luck with the Tudor house, will look forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to research the Scottish tower house and a crow step gable. Sounds very interesting. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I just looked up the Scottish tower houses and crow step gables. Yes, I very much want to do a crow step gable. The design problem with the crow step gables is making them thick enough to have some substance and look like stone. I am pondering that issue though.

    ReplyDelete