Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Future Houses

I am always looking for new ideas for houses. I keep thinking of different shapes, designs to do. Sara of Sara loves paperstuff suggested that I do a Scottish Tower house. I was not familiar with that house, but I googled it and it does seem that it will make a lovely house. She also suggested a crow's step gable. I had to google that as well. Yes, I very much want to do that, but it has some design issues I am trying to figure out.

Here is one of my favorite drawings by the illustrators, Maud and Miska Petersham, showing a famous house in Holland with the crow's step gable.  I can't seem to make the picture larger, but you get the idea. It's from Tales Told in Holland, a book we had when I was a child AND my brother recently found it at our house and gave to me.

Image result for maud and miska petersham illustrations

Still working on the Tudor house, it's not too far from being done. I think it looks really cool. I have another Amsterdam house in the works which is also almost completed. 

My plan is to continue to make houses throughout the year - whatever strikes my fancy. I also want to make some dioramas because I think that allows a lot of creativity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment