The photo above shows the die on the book base with polymer clay pumpkins, a polymer skeleton hand made from a Martha Stewart mold, and a Tim Holtz spooky tree.
You can see the little clay ghost that I made on this side. I also altered the Tim Holtz branch tree a little bit to make the bottom flat so it will stand up ok.
This view shows the green tinted windows and the scary cat on the side.
I used a Tim Holtz Idea-ology skull and crossbones above the front door.
Ok, so here is how I made this house. The roof on the house die does not have any overhang at all. I adhered the roof that came with the die and overlaid it with a sheet of black card stock that had been embossed with the Tim Holtz "Batground" embossing folder. This piece of card stock overhangs the house by about 1/2 inch on each side. I also extended the gable roof and didn't make the porch on the vintage dwelling. Those are the alterations on the house.
The book base is made from a Spellbinders European tapestry embossing folder that was distressed with picket fence distress paint. Basically I covered 2 pieces of cardboard for the front and back of the book and glued them to a stack of smaller pieces of cardboard which were covered with a tea-stained paper to look like the side of pages. The spine of the book is cardboard covered as well.