Thursday, February 11, 2016

More Easter Houses on the Way

We got back from skiing in Montana last Saturday. It was incredible, beautiful, beautiful weather with snow almost every day with not a lot of crowds. Just wonderful skiing.

Then what happens - back to work, of course. The hospital where I work needed a new computer system in which every department communicates seamlessly with every other department. This, of course, required a serious upgrade which, of course, requires a serious learning curve. Which also means it is a pain at this time. I don't think it will remain painful, it just is going to be tough going for awhile. So I haven't been able to do much crafting this first week back, but I do have some little Easter houses in the works.

I'm making these houses for my biggest fans at work - the people who repeatedly ask me about my houses or have kids who seem to delight in the little houses.



With each new house I get better at bringing my vision to reality. I think these little tree stumps look much more wood-like than the one I made last month. I also decided that I wanted the leaves to be more variable and more lifelike as well. So I punched a bunch of different sizes and shapes of oak leaves and added some branches. I am really pleased with house this roof looks. I'll probably do one more oak leaf house and then a maple leaf and an elm leaf roof.

I haven't made the doors yet. I'll also put some bunny portraits inside these houses as well. I'll play around with the picture frames to make them a little more realistic. I think I've got enough polymer clay eggs already done. My plan is to use the same fence die because I think it looks appropriate for Easter and kind of reminds me of the Beatrix Potter stories. Two of the houses are going to homes with young girls so I intend to decorate the fences with flowers.

That's about it for now. I'm still having fun making my little houses. If I tire of making the houses, I know I will find another crafty creative outlet.

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of a little bedside night light I had as a child, a tree stump with a little bunny family inside, mummy bunny putting baby bunnies to bed, all very Beatrix Potterish. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynn and Sara. I haven't gotten much done on the houses lately, but I think I can do some stuff in the next 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete