Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Middelburg Netherlands house finished and on its base

I debated for a long time what kind of fence to use on the Netherlands house - the St. Joris Doelen Guild House. I even stenciled a cobblestone base and made a small simple fence to go with it, but I thought it detracted from the house. Finally I settled on a simple light-colored base - ochre and white gesso, antiqued a little with some Tim Holtz distress paint, Ground Espresso. Then I glued together several layers of the Martha Stewart Iron Gate edge punch and painted them the same color as the roof of the house. I am very pleased with how it turned out.






I am also tickled with how nicely the door works to insert the LED light. I think I'm going to use that on most of my houses.

Next - a small Halloween house and the a Christmas house that will be really cool, I think - assuming I can build what I envision.

Take care everybody.

2 comments:

  1. The back door for the tea light is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I followed a link from the cardboard Christmas forum. I love the idea of the little door for a tea light! I am currently building a glitter house village and may do this on all the buildings. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete