Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tim Tag May 2016 - Finally

I had the hardest time coming up with something for this month's Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 Challenge. I think I am making the deadline by about 2 hours.



This month's tag involves 2 particular techniques - tissue tape resist and tattered florals. Part of the difficulty involved finding tissue tape. I eventually got some a Michael's, but I didn't have any idea what to do with it. Finally I re-read Tim's post on this month's tag and he says he doesn't really plan what he's going to do. He does it the day before it's due. That means - he is doing his tag right as I am writing... probably. Anyway, so I decided I would use what I have and just let the idea come from that. Well, you know my speciality is making little houses so I thought I would use a cool Graphic 45 stamp set and some Tim Holtz stencils and gentleman stamp as well as multiple colors of distress stains.

I think thematically the piece works - the cut out door and gable entrance, the words "If Opportunity Doesn't Knock, Build a Door', the gentleman who may or may not come to your door, the brick walls and the imagine and imagination sayings as well as the keys. The flower looks like it is an add-on which is exactly what it is. What I always struggle with is the colors. I am a monochromatic, kind bland color person. I basically do best with a color palette of black and white. BUT each time you force yourself out of the box a little bit, it gets better. I am going to take the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry courses trying to expand my color and creative repertoire even more.

So the bottom line is that I got the tag done, I came up with a particular theme that I like and I'm pretty happy with its execution as a tag-making newbie. Now it's time to post it on the Tim Holtz blog before I run out of time.

Ya'll take care. Have fun making creative messes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this tag! The keys really make it special!

    ReplyDelete