Thursday, July 7, 2016

Newest Halloween House - Raven's Crest Clock House

Here is the house I basically finished tonight. I call it the Raven's Crest Clock House. The only detail remaining is figuring out what to hang from the pendulum on the clock house. I've got some sculpey bats that I haven't baked yet that I think I'm going to use. Like most of my other clock houses, this house can be hung on a wall from the reinforced hole in the back. It's also got a small, lightweight base.

Once again I used the Tim Holtz Rooftop die to make the shingles. I am greatly enjoying this die. I really like the dimension it gives the roofs - as well as how easy it is to cut them out.



You can't really tell, but the roof tiles have been distressed with a little Faded Jeans distress paint. I even put some blue on the raven on the top to try to mimic the blue iridescence you see on black feathers sometimes. 


I haven't glued down the pumpkins yet, but I probably will use them. Still debating about the orange pumpkins.
I am going to enter this in an online challenge on "A Vintage Journey". The theme this month is monochromatic. To my way of thinking, this little house is both vintage in style and monochromatic.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh love your house. The crackle on the door is fabulous and I adore those pumpkins either side of the doorway. I love the edging on the roof using the Tim die and your raven sitting on top. Fabulous piece. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Halloween house. Love the idea of the blue iridescence. So many wonderful touches that give you house a real spooky character. Thanks for sharing this beaut with us at A Vintage Journey .x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful dark and gloomy Halloween house Lucy! love the blue and black, great design and spooky decorations! thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm glad to see you are busy making more Halloween houses!

    ReplyDelete