Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Old Little Cardboard Houses

I was reminiscing and found some photos of the very first crop of little cardboard houses (2015) that I haven't posted on this blog. Often I can see details that I have improved upon, but sometimes I think "Whoa! That was a really cool idea. I need to do that again."

Here's a double gable house that I made with scrapbook paper. It went to my biggest fan.


Here is Black Hat Inn, one of my very favorite houses. The hat comes off so you can put an LED tea light inside to light up the house. The 3 witches on top can spin around as well. It took awhile for me to figure out how to do that. I think the whole project took over a month to make.



Halloween Steampunk House. All the keys and locks were made with cardboard covered with metallic foil tape, then painted or antiqued. 


Clockhouse on a Frosty Morn


I posted these houses to motivate myself and just to document the wide range of possibilities making cardboard houses. I hope you will enjoy making one (or several) someday.

1 comment:

  1. These are all amazing, Lucy! I love the wide range of techniques you use - fun and time consuming, but well worth it.

    I bet your Biggest Fan really loved that double gable house - so cool and colorful!

    ReplyDelete