Friday, August 19, 2016

Spider Gathering House

I continue to make Halloween houses for the fall fundraiser. This week's challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog is "Make for the Border". Well, when you see this house, you will want to make for the border. It is a little scary. The product line that is highlighted is from Memory Box. I realized I had a really cool spider web die from Memory Box so I made a Spider Gathering House with spiders all over the house.





I had a lot of trouble gluing on the border largely because I was lazy and didn't score the border before I tried to glue it on. I was covered with glue trying to get it to stick down. I don't think this is one of my best houses, but it was fun and a good experiment. I especially enjoyed using Ranger's Enamel accents on the spiders. If you have ever seen a Black Widow spider in real life, you know how deep and shiny the black color is. The black Enamel accent color is perfect for that. I put a dot of cherry red Enamel accents on the back for the hourglass on the spiders. I know that on the real spiders it is on their abdomen, but I have to have a little poetic license for my Halloween houses.

I hope somebody will have fun with this little house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment