Saturday, August 27, 2016

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly - August 2016 tag Inspiration

As I was riding my bike today, I was on the lookout for the yellow butterflies that love the Joe Pye Weed. I was finally able to some fairly decent photos when I was on the downhill (thank goodness) portion of the ride.

These are Tiger Swallowtail butterflies and they are everywhere which I love. This first photo is a just a picture of Joe Pye Weed after the butterfly flew away. See the color is kind of odd. I guess you could call it a dusty rose.


Tiger Swallowtail on Joe Pye Weed






My brother and I got going kind of late so we only did 30 miles but it was all in the mountains around here with about 3500 feet of climbing in 90 degree temps. Several times on our rides lately we have gotten rained on but not today, though I would have welcomed it. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these butterflies! Rain when it's 90 is a gift! I know from the AT!

    ReplyDelete