Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Welcome to the Halloween Village Dwellings for Haunted Holtzville

I've almost got the village completed. All of the houses are done as is most of the decor. The 3 houses for Haunted Holtzville are the Spiky Shingled House, the Rough Sawn Plank House and the Haunted Manor.

I made a Welcome to Holtzville signpost using the Sizzix Hardware Findings die.






For the Spiky Shingled house, I made a pumpkin tree which I am kind of tickled about. I needed more color for this house so I made a bottle brush tree out of sisal rope, used various distress inks to give it a dark color, then I made little tiny polymer clay pumpkins and glued them to the tree. Silly, I know, but I think it looks cool and it does give this very monochromatic house some much needed color. The Spiky Shingled house is made with the basic Village Dwelling die.

Here it is - the Spiky Shingled House


I scattered some pumpkins below the tree to look they have fallen off the tree. I have not glued down the pumpkins yet. I may add an owl or a bat or another bird at some point. The roof is made from the off cut of one of the set of shingles on the Village Rooftops die. I think it looks a little more menacing that the other dies.


You can also see the branches from the Sizzix Bird Branch die that I used at the porch supports. The brick wall was made from a Tim Holtz brick stencil.


The Sizzix Bird Branch shows up a little better here as the porch support.

Now for the Village Manor - I had the base and the base house made weeks before the die arrived because I was so anxious to make this little house. The base is intended to look like a rocky outcropping.






That's all for now. I will talk about the details in making the house tomorrow. I have to work in the morning (Just imagine - work interfering with blogging and crafting, really now.)

I am going to enter the Spiky Shingled house in this month's Vintage Journey challenge which is "Stencil It". 

7 comments:

  1. This is simply spooktacular Lucy! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, your spiky shingled house is a triumph too, just like the manor house. The brickwork looks wonderful and I love the spiky roof - very clever idea! While I am here, thanks so much for joining in our Stencil It challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your houses, Lucy! The detail is amazing! You did a great job on your pumpkin tree decorated with pumpkins, and pumpkins on the ground. Just the right touch. Your other houses are amazing, also. I love Black Hat Inn!

    Thank you for visiting my blog - I appreciate your comments very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everybody. I do have fun making the little houses. It is always nice to have a kind comment on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderfully spooky buildings you created - love all of the details on each - the pumpkins, sidings and all the black/white haunted colors! THanks for joining us in the AVJ Stencil challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Halloween decor - these are such fun and with so many delicious details.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspirational halloween piece! I love the crackled paintwork too!Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia x

    ReplyDelete