Tuesday, January 31, 2017

New Backdrop for Photos of Little Houses

A couple of years ago I went to one of those painting classes where you get a group of people together for a painting party. I didn't like it because I don't like being told what to do (especially artistically) so I didn't follow instructions, but I did end up with a pretty nice canvas that I've used as a backdrop for some of my photos with my Halloween houses.






I decided to do another one that might work a little better. I just painted some Payne's grey (which always gets me because it's not grey), titanium white and cobalt blue for the sky. I added some varieties of green, Payne's grey and black to anchor the bottom of the painting and to function as the ground.





I like it very much as a background for the houses. I think it makes them more interesting. I may play around with it some more. I also will probably paint a piece for the houses to sit on so the backgrounds merge better. Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. What a genius idea to do your own backdrop, and oh so gorgeous. It really brings the village pieces to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of your painting backdrops. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look fantastic! You are a very diverse artist, and good for you to paint what you felt like! Artist should not be told what to do! But I guess the parties may just trigger the hidden artist in someone who hasn't tried it before. Well done on both of your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, these backgrounds work fantastically with the houses. I can't believe you've built a whole village! The details are fabulous too...
    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete