Friday, February 10, 2017

Valentine Cards to be mailed

I have 2 cards to show you today. There should be 4 cards, but I mailed 2 of them before I took a picture. I had 2 of them all nice and sealed to go and realized that I didn't take any pictures. I am entering 2 challenges with this card (the first card below), Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge which is "Young at Heart". A dog is always young at heart and keeps us young as well. The Frilly and Funkie challenge is "Be My Valentine".



I used a ray of sunshine stencil in the background and tried to color it like the sun was setting. It worked out pretty well. The dog is included in the design because I am sending this card to a dog lover like it is a valentine from her dog. It's the same idea for the one below.


I am experimenting with techniques so I used some texture paste on another Tim Holtz stencil and then colored the dried paste with the distress crayons. I realized that I could do kind of an ombre effect to draw the heart in the background. This card is messier than the others. I'm not as pleased with it. I still think it's kind of cute, I just needed to work on some details more. I had to finish tonight because it has to go in the mail tomorrow. 

I hope you have a Happy, Loving, Creative Valentine's Day. 

5 comments:

  1. Such great cards! Lovely textures and colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the doggy card you sent! It is so beautiful! Thanks so much! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,
      I'm glad you liked your card. I sent them to the 4 people who are crazy about their doggies and you certainly qualify.

      Delete
  3. These are so much fun! Lovely coloring and a really fun take on Valentine's Day! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Will You Be Mine?" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the comments - they make me happy.

    ReplyDelete