I decided to call it Boxwood because the house is in a box and it is a surprisingly common mistake on my last name (Foxworth). People have trouble hearing the F as in Frank on the phone.
I toned down the background a little since I felt it was too bright. I also darkened the green grass/hillside. If I had not already glued the house in place I would have toned down the yellow twilight even more. Sometime I will make some tiny pumpkins to glue in place before Halloween and maybe add a tree.
These two views show you how it is a half a house. I really like the bright yellow windows. I will play around with that some more on future houses.
I distressed some watercolor paper with antique linen distress stain and stamped the Tim Holtz Newsprint stamp on top with the same color ink because I wanted the words to be very subtle.
Here is the "book" closed. I haven't figured out how I want to decorate the cover yet. As it gets closer to Halloween I will get more inspired for Halloween specific designs. Right now I am obsessed with the houses. This book closes and opens so much better than any that I have done. I got some bookbinder's tape from an online art supply store that is amazing. It came in white, but I painted it black and it absorbs paint and matches beautifully. I also haven't done the paper edges on the side of the book. That involves scoring cardstock, distressing it and gluing it on the edge to look like papers. Scoring takes awhile.
But basically the project is done. I am going to enter it in this weeks Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is "Based on a Book". I just can't believe I was already working on this project when this challenge came up.