Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Chocolate Bunny Easter Cards

I made a bunch of chocolate bunny Easter cards for my co-workers' kids. I designed them to look like sugar eggs with a chocolate bunny inside.

I meant to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "Hip Hop", but I didn't have my computer with me and I could not figure out for the life of me how to post a photo in the blog from my iPad. I know there must be a way, but I couldn't do it.


Here is the card. I am going to enter it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Spring Color Inspiration". I have 2 of the 4 colors in the project for sure. And the other colors are certainly "Springy".

First I made the Easter bunny from a Tim Holtz mover and shaper bunny. I painted it a deep brown and then coated it with a thick layer of Glossy Accents or the Tim Holtz Distress Paper Mosaic Glaze. The Mosaic Glaze was a little easier to use. After the coating dried, I dabbed a blob of white Enamel Accents for the eye and then a smaller blob of blue in the center. The bunny really looks like chocolate to me.

I cut out the largest oval from the Sizzix framelits for the eggs. I used a smaller oval from a different set to make the opening in the front. I painted the egg with white gesso and then covered it with a coarse glitter. I made a bunch of little flowers from various punches and used Perfect Pearls in the center to make the stamens. 

The back piece was made by stamping a design with Picked Raspberry ink and then covering it with clear embossing powder and embossing it. 

The grass is made from a sheet of green cardstock that I ran through the shredder. I am tickled about that because I think it looks like Easter grass and I didn't have to buy any. 

I stamped Happy Easter on a strip and figured out how to fold it to look like a pop-up banner. 

The hinge between the eggs was a little tricky because it's hard to hinge an oval object. 



If I do an Easter card again, it will not be an oval shape. I will place it on a square or rectangular background to make it easier to work with. 

Anyway, that was my Easter challenge this year. I may go back to making little houses for Easter or Spring next year since I do know how to make little houses.

Again, I am sharing this with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Spring Color Inspiration". Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lucy 😊 The chocolate bunny is adorable and I love the sparkly frame, very cute ❤️

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....love this so much! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Spring Color Inspiration” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete