Saturday, October 28, 2017

Just Finished Invitations to the House Making Party

I am having a "Little House Making Party" before the Christmas season really gets ramped up. It's a bit of challenge getting everything ready. I just finished the invitations.

Here is the invitation that I put on the bulletin board at work.



I made it using a new Tim Holtz die from Sizzix called Snowglobe 2. It has a LOT of little fiddly pieces so it's not something that I would make over and over, but I think it is perfect for this purpose.

The invitations look like this:


I made 60 of them using the Tim Holtz door painted and stamped to look like wood and then added a wreath on the door. Inside is just a folded piece of scrapbook paper. I included the party info on a slip of paper inserted behind the door. I didn't glue the party info page on because I think people can either use the door as a gift tag or even add a sentiment inside and use it as an ornament or card. I try to be versatile.

I did include my blog address so people could come here and read about the details on the party. I figure it's an easy way to get the information out. 

The Plan for the Little House Making Party:

1. Pre-Made Houses. The houses will already be built and primed. There will be 4 different designs to choose from. I am leaving off chimneys, windows, doors, and the bases so everyone will be able to choose how they want the house to look.

2. Paint the House. Paint will be available for painting the houses. Wear clothes that you don't care if paint gets on them. I don't think there is time to glitter the houses, not to mention the mess involved. I will have some way to dry the houses a little bit faster so crafting can proceed in a timely fashion.

3. Choose Design to cover with Scrapbook paper, if desired. There are a couple of designs that we can cover with scrapbook paper if that is how you would like to decorate your house. I have PLENTY of paper as I am a paper hoarder. You do not need to bring your own. I also have a lot of glue as well. Also you can use Christmas scrapbook paper to cover the bases as well. 

4. Add Decorative Elements to the House. When the painting is done, add windows, porch, columns (probably made out of colorful paper straws), chimneys.

5. Attach to Pre-Made Base. Hot glue to attach the house to its base so it will adhere quickly.

6. Embellish. Use bottle brush trees (about 1 large one per house, you can use a couple more of the smaller ones), Santas, Snowmen, greenery, little birds, sentiments, etc. I have LOTS of embellishments as well.

7. Take Photos at Photo Display.

I am hosting the party over 2 nights so people can choose which night is the most convenient to attend. I figure if I can get my house cleaned up for one night, I can keep it straight for a second night. 

I have 3 more Halloween houses I am trying to finish. I don't think I can get them done before Halloween, but I will have them done before my party in mid-November. 

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you are doing well. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow Lucy, that is a lot of work but the doors look amazing! Hope your party days are a huge success. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, it is somewhat ambitious, but everyone kept asking me for Christmas houses and I just can't get them done in time. Also somehow my Christmas houses are not very inspired. So I promised my friends and co-workers that I would have a party where they could make their own house. I've hosted a wreath-making party with 20-30 people that worked out well. This is more challenging, but I think I can make it work.

    Thank you for your encouragement. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! I so wish I could come! We will be in the Grand Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn,
      I know you are going to have a great time in the Grand Canyon, but I do wish you could be here. We will have to do a crafty trip in the next year.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That invitation is incredible! You are doing so much work. Building the houses already sure was nice of you! I think your guests are going to have the best time.
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline. All the houses are made from various dies - 3 commercial dies from Sizzix and one is a custom house die I had made. That's the only way I could pre-make all the houses. And really this is a fun part for me as well.

      Delete