Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Little House Making Party Progress

I've been working hard on getting ready for the party where we make little cardboard Christmas houses.

It is a challenge for me for several reasons:

  1. My house is a crafty mess.
  2. I am a nervous hostess. 
  3. I am worried I haven't pre-made enough houses.
  4. I have to cook things for other people. 
  5. AND I have to cook food with carbs in them which I have been avoiding. In other words, I have to cook stuff that I don't need to eat. Fortunately, the only thing I have been craving is the no knead bread. 
Here are the pre-made houses - that's 24 Village Dwellings, 18 Village Brownstones, 26 Sizzix birdhouses, 18 Gable houses (my design - they need the roofs glued on). The cardboard in this photo is to make bases.


I made a sample house for a poster on what the decor options are. The whole poster is not finished yet, but you'll get the idea. I'll post the completed house poster when done - tomorrow probably.


I didn't want to waste a house by gluing it on the poster board, so I made a little bracket and clipped it on with some Tim Holtz little clips. The color scheme is the one recommended by my friend, Lynn in Montana. This color scheme works better on Christmas houses as opposed to Halloween houses.




These are some of the things I am going to put on the poster so people can visualize what is available to go on their houses. Sample roofs, wreaths, trees, cardboard vs. wood porch base, straw for columns, pipe cleaners, etc. I'm going to use clips and jingle brads to adhere these as well so I can use them later. 


1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun party and your ideas are really great! I'd be begging for an invitation. What a great way to get into the holiday spirit of things.

    ReplyDelete